Friday, 8 July 2016

NEW STUFF SUMMER 2016


OK new stuff..  Where do I begin?!?

KYLE MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK & LIP LINER'S
These kits have probably induced the most excitement I've ever felt over makeup (after Charlotte Tilbury launched). The design of the box is amazing. It's bold, simple and awesome... but, Off the bat I hate the scent. It's far too sweet and pungent for my tastes. I also find them difficult to perfect because I have thin lips but once on they stay on for hours. They're comfortable to wear but I find the light mauvey pinky shade, Koko K looks too dry and emphasises the lines on my lips. This one dried down to a nice stain. The bright red Mary Jo K, on the other hand, actually flakes off and the colour flakes off from the inner lip out. Its not crazy bad it's just that it requires maintenance, as all dark lipsticks do. The long lasting formula doesn't mean you can leave it without it looking crazy by the end of the night. On the other hand this one does look better on the lips, so it's toss up at the moment on which one I like more. The lip liner is soft, easy to use and long lasting. 

SLEEKHIGHLIGHTING PALETTE IN SOLSTICE
Yaassss!! Not too sure about the cream or lavender shade but the yellow and peach shades are everything. This brings the shine without the glitter. If you love highlight then this won't dissapoint.

RIMMEL HGHLIGHTER IN SOHO GLOW 003
This is the perfect accompaniment to the Sumner night bronze look I like to do sometimes... Its not the most wow in your face highlight but it does give a gorgeous bronze sheen. It dries down quite quickly so definitely be quick to blend in the edges. For my skin tone it's defiantly more of a blush/bronze/highlight hybrid product. The formulation of this cream is lovely and it doesn't have any sparkles in it which is awesome. The other shades this line do, so this is the special one. 

ESTEE LAUDER ENVY LIPSTICK IN INFAMOUS 230
The formulation of this lipstick is great but bad at the same time. It's great because it applies like butter, it packs the punch with colour and, although fades, it stains the lips so your left with coloured lips all day. After eatting and drinking I was concerned it would smudge but my lips looked fine. It also smells like cake, which I love. But now to why the formulation is also bad?.. It is so soft that after my using it once, the bullet snapped. And this is the second Envy lipstick I've owned that this has happened to. My other one died a death but i'm being really careful with this one and am putting it in the fridge every now and then too. Overall though I definitely recommend the Envy lipsticks. 

PALMOLIVE CHOCOLATE PASSION BODY BUTTER SHOWER CREAM
Gross. My husband loves it but I think it smells awful. It's super sweet and although has a chocolate vibe to it it isn't chocolate. It's rank. The formula is good. It's a cream thick texture and is really moisturising and lovely but really?? the scent is a deal breaker. 

THE BODY SHOP PINITA COLADA SHOWER GEL
This is a really thick shower gel. It smells great but it's really a meh product really. I dont hate it. It's just OK. I think I prefer a cream formula over a "gel". It is very nice though I just won't repurchase, there's too much option out there.

PUR GLOW TOGETHER GRADIENT MATTE-SHIMMER BRONZER
The packaging of this product and the design in the pan definitely sold this product for me. It's very Micheal Kors, very glam, gold luxury box and the huge, sleek black pot is gorgeous too. Now the shades on the matte side, mixed together create a lovely cool toned bronze shade which I love and I use all the time. I don't use the shimmery side that much to be honest and I particularly dislike the centre shade which comes up so orange on my skin tone. I use both matte and shimmer shades individually as eye shadow and I like. 

COLAB DRY SHAMPOO EXTREME VOLUME IN LONDON
I needed a dry shampoo and I got a texturing spray. It gives great texture to the hair and helps when styling but as a hair refresher I personally don't love this. I had really greasy hair and this just didn't do anything. But it did volumise. So I am still on the hunt for a good dry shampoo. I might try the normal dry shampoo one to see if that one will be a win. I love the London scent... It's hard to describe but its like a sweet musk scent?? I don't know but it's nice... try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment