Saturday, 2 July 2016

#BRIDALBEAUTY The Final Bridal Look


Hi all. I'm finally ready to talk about the makeup I used on myself on my wedding day. Yes I chose to do my own for the very reason that unless I had the budget for Charlotte Tilbury I could do my makeup as good, probably better than any makeup artist I could afford. I hired a makeup artist to do my bridesmaids, mother and grandmother in law, however, who was really good, but wouldn't apply false Lashes. So if you want lashes applied remember to ask the question that I completely forgot about.

LONG LASTING BASE
For my Base I chose to go with a much loved combination of mine... LAURA MERCIER FOUNDATION PRIMER, ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR LIQUID FOUNDATION, REVLON COLOUR STAY LIQUID concealer and CHARLOTTE TILBURY powder. DW foundation is really long lasting and can be sheered down if you want to. Sure once built up it can create a fully matt face. But at this stage all you are bothered about is creating a even, perfected face. You can build dimension, glow and light to the face later!

Adding the LM foundation to the mix is just that extra glue that holds the foundation in place that little longer. To be honest I find that the DW covered and concealed perfectly on its own, as I was lucky enough not to have any blemishes on the day. But knowing my skin I knew I needed a little extra around my nose, chin and mouth area as this is where foundation is normally rubbed off and so I used the awesome yet reasonably priced and amazing colour match for me: Revlon Colourstay liquid comcealer over these areas.

I finished the Base (at the end) and dusted my face with my heart and soul, one and only CT powder. The best powder I have ever used and probably the only one I'll ever use in my life!! It's that good!! I repowdered twice as my forehead got pretty shiny as the day turned out to be 26 degrees Celsius... Yikes! But despite the heat it all stayed put without caking or melting so if you have combination skin then this combo might work for you too.

LIFE AFFIRMING LASHES
Haha lashes. The perfect mascara is just always out of reach. I picked up the Lancome waterproof mascara and I was really disappointed with it but time and with all the wedding prep on the run up just completely forgot to get something else. I was disappointed because it did not with the drama or length or volume. It was just "meh"!

Making the most of it though I curled my lashes with the best SHU EUMORA EYELASH CURLERS and also used the MAYBELLINE CLASSIC VOLUM' EXPRESS WATERPROOF mascara for some crazy reason. I bought the drama to my lashes by using Eyelure Fleur de Force 3/4 lashes which are perfect for my small eyes and do not give that painful inner eye scratching that I always seem to get with dull length false Lashes. I applied using the aging DUO GLUE in clear, that although smells aweful, it ensured that my lashes stayed on all day and night.

Despite being waterproof I knew both mascaras smudged on me so to avoid panda eye as much as possible I put on the smalleat amount of mascara as I could get away with on my bottom lashes and smudged liner and shadow quite low under my eyes, so as the day developed there was smudging but altogether it wasn't noticeable to anyone but me at 1oclock in the morning.

MY LIPS BUT BETTER
There's something very sentimental and special about your wedding day lipstick. For women who never wear makeup, their "big day lippie" can always be found in their makeup bag years and years and years after. I wanted a perfect pinky nude,  which I found in (unfortunately limited edition and no longer available - yikes) CHARLOTTE TILBURY REVOLUNARY MATTE LIPSTICK IN MISS KENSINGTON.

I lined with the perfect long lasting liner CHARLOTTE TILBURY PILLOW TALK. And used no gloss. I would say I reapplied when I powdered, but it lasted really well and the amazing formulation of the Revolutionary matte mean that my lips were comfortable all day and that the colour evenly fades through out the day. I recommend you check out this formulation for your big day.

So to recap: sample double wear foundation, try 3/4 false Lashes and Wear  your most special lipstick that you love and feel amazing in. Oh and trial as many mascaras that you can afford if you haven't yet found "the one". See you next time xoxo

Next on the wedding makeup agenda is to talk about the cheek products essentially and the products that I used to carve and lift my features to get picture perfect on my wedding day. I used my most favourite face products.

CARVE & SCULPT
I used TAN DE CHANEL to sculpt my face and bring dimension. I built this up using The bronze shade from CHARLOTTE TILBURYS FILMSTAR BRONZE AND GLOW PALETTE and carved out my cheekbones and slimmed that nose with Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium.

LIFT & ILLUMINATE
To lift and illuminate I used the highlight powder from ct filmstar Bronze and Glow palette. I lifted my under eye area with my CHARLOTTE TILBURY THE RETOUCHER pen which is a tad light for me so was the perfect choice to do this.

BEAUTIFUL BLUSH
My pop of colour, my glow was my something old but going strong...ESTEE LAUDER BRIMZE GODDESS Blush which is literally 6 years old but still going strong and I love it a lot. It's just my perfect glow shade... So don't judge me.

So yeah my face makeup stayed on all day. My advice (which is actually Lisa Eldridge's advice which I'm sharing with you) is to apply thin layers and build upon them. Using a cream/liquid formula and essentially setting with powder is a great way to do this.

The overall plan was to look as perfected as possible. So my Base and lips were supposed to just accentuate my looks as far as possible. My eyebrows were just perfected as far as I could get them. I used Hi Impact HD BROW POWDER, DELIA BROW PENCIL and set in place using SLEEK CLEAR EYEBROW GEL, which is actually really good. One week before my wedding I got my eyebrows (and moustache) threaded. This gave my skin plenty of time to heal in these areas.

BRINGING THE BRIDAL LOOK TOGETHER
Honestly, when I do my eyes I like to go big or go home and the eye makeup on my wedding day must have taken me 45 minutes easily. And I used so many products and eyeshadows and eye pencils and I blended and built, blended and built. Blended and built until the Lashes came on and I was "done" (time ran out). If you do your eyes right they take forever!!!  but I loved it. It helped me zone out and relax.

My bridal look Definitely centralised around the eyes. I learnt long ago that, for me, the sixties, wide eye look was the most flattering for my small, hooded eyelids. My dress was definitely Based on the Audrey Hepburn Funny Face(esque) look circa 1962 so I used this to create a modern sixties eye. My pale skin and pale pout bought the look all together.

OK so the deets... Honestly I was in "the zone" at this point and products were everywhere so I cannot remember much, but I'll give a food whack at it. I primed my lids, up to the brow bone and around the eye with NARS EYESHADOW PRIMER. I then used my ct bronze shade to define my eyes and set out the shape. The CT highlight shade was used to highlight my brow bone and inner corner of my eye. By using the same products that you use on your face really ties the look together.

On top of this I lined my eyes (under my waterline) and shaped my wing using URBAN DECAY 24HOUR LINER IN smog, a dark brown. I created my winged flick using ESTEE LAUDER LITTLE BLACK LINER. At this point I went Cray Cray mixing colours in my mac eyeshadow palette to deepen and define my crease shade. I may have added the if liner. Brow shades and KA sculpting powder too. What I do remember though is that I used MAC ALL THAT GLITTERS on my lid.

I then did my lashes and added a but more dimension. I finished off the look using CHARLOTTE TILBURY EYE CHEAT on my water line and added sparkle and beauty to my lid using MUA AMAZING FOIL shadow in rose gold. AMAZING eyeshadow which is literally £4. Can I ask at this point why the Stila version is £33?!?  I finalised my look doing my Lips, more Base and a good Spritz of MAC FIX+ SPRAY and I was DONE!!

And "what makeup brushes did you use?", I hear you ask... I used the CHARLOTTE TILBURY SCULPT BRUSH, two REAL TECHNIQUES STIPPLING BRUSHES and so many eyeshadow brushes I couldn't tell you... if in doubt go to MAC and get yourself 3 217's and your covered.

And we're done. I really hope you have made it this far down and have picked up some tips and some products you might be interested in trying. If your getting married soon and plan to do your own makeup. Give yourself time, light and space and get into it! Good Luck xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment