Friday, 8 July 2016

#BRIDALBEAUTY the expensive and best skincare


Hello and welcome to the place where we can discuss spending seventy pounds on a face mask and it's OK. Because expensive skincare is a drop in the ocean when you've basically spent the equivalent of a down payment on a mortgage on the wedding itself. If you don't see finances this way and think that skincare should really be a place where you can save money I don't need that kind of negativity on my blog so please leave. Thank you.

For those of you who, like me, want to get into more post wedding debt in the bid to get glowing beautiful skin please keep reading. I'll discuss what I used for my wedding day but I'll also talk about some alternatives that I feel would be as good or better for different skin types.

Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm
After trialling a few alternative Cleansing balms and a few hundred cleansers I whole heartedly have to say the Emma Hardie Balm is my absolute favourite cleanser (overall) that I have ever used. I love the smell, application, and the result is beautiful smooth skin that's lush. This is the whole package. It balances oily and combination skin, nourishes dry skin and soothes sensitive skin. The face cleaning part is done.

In terms of toning and treatments etc.. I used the REN Resurfacing AHA Concentrate I really enjoy it and find my skin is smoother and glowier when I wear it. I also love Pixi Glow Tonic. Which helps you glow too. Think of these as very gentle facial peels that exfoliate dead skin cells revealing new and baby smooth skin.

Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel
Masks on the other hand, I have quite a bit of experience and have lots of things to say. On the run up to my wedding I wore the Elemis xxx every other 0day and, most importantly, the night before. This leaves your skin glowing with a capital G. This is basically a gentle micro acid peel which essentially burns away the nasty upper layer of skin to expose lovely new glowing skin underneath.

Sisley Radiant Glow Express Mask
For the day of my wedding I wanted to use a luxe face mask to bring the glow and help give me the best Base for the rest of my makeup. The Sisley is my favourite to give me stunning radiance however I also endorse the Charlotte Tilbury Clay Mask too. This is a great one if your skin is oily as I feel it really sucks all the nasty greasiness out of your skin leaving it balanced yet glowing.

Embryollise Lait-Creme Concentre 
Love this for day and night. Its a classic for a Reason and I used this religiously twice a day on the run up to my wedding. For my skin this feels really nourishing and soothing and blends on a dream giving plumped and supple skin. In terms of alternatives; if you have dry skin the Charlotte Tilbury Magic cream is Embryollise's thicker younger sister. For night time I'm currently really enjoying using the ren night time treatment so reccomend that for the night before your wedding. I also sampled Sisleys amazing night cream which I adored but as I have no wedding to use as an excuse to buy it I don't think even I will be forking out on this any time soon.

Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels
I had like 4 hours sleep the night before my wedding and using these cooling eye masks definitely helped to make me feel more awake and refreshed around the eyes.

So there you have it. A run down of my wedding skincare, which came at a luxe price. Please take note, splurge for your big day or take advantage of samples. Xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment