Friday, 4 December 2015

BLOGMAS DAY 4. #hairstory



Ooph...Behind the day 4 door of my look fantastic advent calendar was a Redken Diamond Oil intensive treatment. Very nice. As two out of four days have been hair care items I have decided to talk about hair today. Specifically my hair. It's very fine and straight by nature and this dark ash blonde shade. Honestly I don't love my hair and I have zero skill in styling it but we try. This is my story.

Babyhood - bald

Childhood - my mother made me wear it shoulder length with a fringe. My hairdresser used to always cut it wet so I'd always end up with a 'Dum and Dummer' mid forehead fringe. 

Teenage years - limp and greasy. Eek hindsight is 20-20 isn't it. If only I could turn back the hands of time. I finally understand what R Kelly was singing about lol. 

The college years - I finally dyed it. I went brunette, but the tones mixed with my own went auben. I grew my hair really long here.

The university years - my hair was in such awful condition and, you know, I was a student, living in the moment, loving life so I got my flat mate to cut my hair short and dyed it blonde. Ok Sunflower yellow. 

Early twenties - I played around with short hair, foils and spending a small fortune in expensive hair salons. 

Mid twenties - I went red. It trashed my hair, went pink. Awful. So I got it all chopped off and dyed brunette. A few months later I went platinum blond and pixi short. This was my signature style for three years I'd say.

Mid-late twenties - last year I started growing my hair. A few months later I got engaged and I'm now on a mission to grow my hair for my impressing wedding. I've stripped my hair of bleach, putting on a colour on closer to my original shade to keep it in better condition and hopefully allowing it to grow faster?! Ooh I used clip in extensions for the first time last month too. A whole new world is opening up. A dazzling place I never knew. Haha. 

See you tomorrow xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment