Sunday, 28 June 2015

New and Exciting Things...


Here's the beauty headlines over the past few weeks... Hashtag I've been spending money.

Falling in Love. 
Walking past the Chanel stand in Bristol I fell in love with the Lumiere D'ete Illuminating Powder. It's such a soft powder, it feels almost like a cream and is a stunning design. I don't need an illuminating bronzer powder. I didn't need to spend top dollar on a product that I had never heard of until I saw it but I got the feeling and ran with it. I had to have it and I have it. It's beautiful and chic and is what makeup is all about, feeling pampered and special. I've convinced myself... Let's move on

Investing in my hair.
I splurged again. This time on spacenk.com and picked up two Oribe travel sized texturising spray and volumising mouse and the maximista. First impression is that this amazing smelling range which I had heard so much about makes me feel nauseous. I don't like it - sigh but if I hold my breath it dissipates somewhat and is manageable. I also find all the products quite drying actually and I defintely need to go over my lengths with a little oil to balance it out. Their effects are really good though but they don't last very long . They all last probably an hour or so. I don't know, but using the maximista on its own isn't giving you that much umph so pairing it with the texturising spray is a must. Will I repurchase? At this point probably not but it's definitely opened the door on paying premium prices for hair care from now on.

Summer means Fake Tanning.
The innovative St Tropez shower tanner was too much to ignore. At this point I've used it once. I didn't really see much of a difference in my skin tone to be honest, but I have an everlasting orange birth mark type mark on the side of my knee now. I think I need to get my arse into gear and use this daily to  get top results. Watch this space.

Drugstore blush???
Say what? Drug store? Yep I've decided that the quality of high street blushes are on point and despite hating on the packaging. The pan fell out (needed to crack open the PVC) and despite breaking my nails on a daily to open this b#??£&* I'm loving this Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft colour blush in Santa Rose. It's a peachy nude blush which comes up quite rosey on my cheeks and works well with my bronzed goddess look I'm going for at the moment. It's pigmented and long lasting and pretty great. Oh and the Union Jack embossing is cute too. I reccomend this definitely. 

Freebie shoutout.
With my Oribe order I got a free Delilah brow pencil in the lightest shade Ash and I tell you this is my favourite brow product to date. The colour is excellent, it applies seamlessly and the spooly is firm and perfect for grooming the brows. I'm very impressed and happy with this new edition to my makeup bag. 

Finding the right clay mask.
Ooh the struggle of congested AND sensitive skin is real. Cue pink clay to make everything better. green clay is too harsh but pink clay is perfect for decongesting reactive skin. I picked up the Clarins offering and I'm really enjoying it. My skin feels supple and nourished and deep cleaned when I'm done. I like it much. 

I think I'll leave the headlines there. I have a few beauty wants on the wish list and with a trip to London around the corner I think I might come away with a few more goods... Maby. Take care xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment