Thursday, 21 May 2015

in a state of BEAUTY FLUX


I feel ones opinion of beauty products is continually evolving and I sort of feel guilty about writing rave reviews on products which I learn to hate and vice- verser. So here's a recap on products I loved then hated and hated then loved. xoxo

The Bourjois Bronzing Liquid! I loved it, but I'm not feeling it at the moment. It's far too orange and a bit of a pain to blend out the orange streakage on my face. I'm thinking it might be something to do with a paler face as its winter weather or I lost the love. Either way it's on it's last legs. Let's see how I feel in the summer, when I'm attempting to bronze goddess myself up for 3 months.

Illamasqua Skin Base. OMG. I have been obsessed with this foundation for years but just recently It hasn't been looking as flawless as one would expect. But it might be down to the colouring being a bit off or because the tube is 2 years old!? I was kindly given some colour mixers from the Illamasqua counter in Birmingham Selfridges so I am going to mix them in to see how it fares when it fits my skin tone a bit better. I'm currently doing a Foundation Wars segment on the blog. It's really just to start using my foundations up and reacquaint myself with past loves.

OMG again. Another self professed HG product. The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. I have raved about this product until I was blue in the face, but recently It hasn't cut the mustard. Since using the Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow I'm used to something much lighter and warmer tone on my face. I used this as a primer the other day and I looked like a metallic ghost. Not loving as much. It still gives a stunning glow and i have been trialling it out Ala Lisa Eldridge style, UNDER foundation.

Eucerin AtoControl Face Care Cream. I raved about this product and even bought a back up, which is very rare, i loved it that much. But this time around it's smelling a little funky. I'm extremely sensitive to smell and it's unpleasant. It still feels lovely on the skin, i just can't get over the smell. I don't see myself buying this again to be honest.

Apvita Cleanser in Chamomile and Honey. I raved about this last year but as time when on I found the smell more and more nauseating and didn't feel anywhere near as lovely on my skin as, say, the REN gentle cleansing milk or any of my cleansing balms. It got to the point where I just couldn't use it ever again and it has been re-homed. Game Over. 

And we'll end on a high. The Clinique Take the day off cleansing balm. I panned this product last year, saying it is much inferior to the Rodial Cleansing balm etc but honestly, over the past two months i have been reaching for this most days. You see, you don't see the greatness of a product that just works until you use a product that is rubbish (or nauseating) like the product just mentioned. I feel like when something isn't sining and dancing it isn't good, but the Clinque Take the Day Off is actually pretty amazing at nourishing the skin and giving your face a good old clean. Sure the Rodial gives a glow to the face that this does not, but what it does do, is give a fuss free cleanse that is actually really lovely to use after all. A slow burner which I will probably repurchase. A win after all.

And their all that I can think of so far. I'm sure there's others I've changed my mind about. I'll log them once i thought about them and blog about it another time. I guess it's only natural to change your mind about products after a while due to new technologies and new products just being BETTER and your skin ageing and changing over time. Also I'm sure there's a sell by date situation at play as well. I felt the same about the NARS sheer glow, as I recall. Loved it then hated it when the product aged... Something to keep in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment