Tuesday, 14 October 2014

L'oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner


Woo Hoo the first hair care review of the season. I mentioned in my come back post, Doing beauty in my spare time, that I am growing my hair and that I need volume. The flat and lifeless do of my teenage years sort of haunts me to this day, but with so much new technology out there now and volumising formulations that really give your hair real life vavavoom I felt that I owed it to the beauty enthusiast inside of me to get out of my pixie crop ways and raid the hair care sections of Boots and Space NK. Oribe products are firmly at the top of my wish list. So to the shampoo and the review, here's what I think.

So your a person filled with volume worry and haven't really got the dollar to spend on the expensive stuff, what do you do? Well you buy the funky teal and pink ( that shout off the shelves) bottles that say all the words; like:"thickening" "for thicker hair" "thickness creation" "expands hair" "luxurious body and bounce" "80% more body and bounce" "instantly expands hair", run home, wash your hair instantly with the shampoo and conditioner because the effect simply cannot be achieved with JUST one of them and wait for miracles to happen.

They both smell quite standard for a shampoo and conditioner. There's no yum factor but the shampoo smells a little fruity. I can't put my finger on it really but I'm saying it has notes of mango. I said Mango and I'm sticking to it. They're both an off white colour and the product from both are very lightweight. Neither feel very luxurious or moisturising. So if your used to a moisturising shampoo and conditioner then you might feel a little put out. If you have drier hair or thinned out hair due to ageing, or want a little more of a nourishment boost then I recommend the L'oreal Triple resist over this one.

But back to the Fibrology and ok who doesn't want a product called FIBROLOGY?? Does it work? Why yes it does. You won't go from zero to hero but you'll be on your way. You still need to blow dry and dry shampoo and all those things for maximum effect but I have received many compliments from people saying my hair looks really good, looks in really good condition, has a bit of bounce about it... etc etc. It's not miraculous but it's better than not using it if you know what I mean? Before I went pixie short and before FIBROLOGY I NEVER got a hair compliment on the every day. So yes I'm confident to recommend this to you guys who desire a bit more oomph to the do. If your in the market for a new shampoo and conditioner this is probably the best I've used for actual hair boosting powers. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment