Sunday, 12 October 2014

CRAZY exfoliating Cleanser mask things


The new kid on the block is the deep cleaning, exfoliating cleanser, mask thing; which helps you get your glow on. I have accumulated a few and my impression is largely that they're far too strong for my skin and for some reason as I have been retesting these for a clearer and more accurate review in the past few days I am sorry to report that The Body Shop Blue Corn 3-1 deep cleansing mask (RRP £10 100ml) and the GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglefoliate treatment (£25 15g) both literally feel like they're burning my skin. The whole process is really uncomfortable up to the point of painful; so not for you if your suffer with highly sensitised skin. My skin changes regularly and depending on a mass of variables my skin can be completely fine or completely flare up.

Both masks are your generic clay/mud mask experience; after ten minutes or so it'll completely dry and I wipe off with a flannel. Be warned your Glam Glow will stain your flannels. The blue corn mask will actually leave your feeling quite parched so I guess putting on a moisturising mask afterwards may be the way forward. The Glam Glow leaves your skin feeling really soft and supple. I won't repurchase either due to the burn factor but if I had to make a recommendation I would say treat yourself to the Glam Glow if you have hardier skin than I. It's packed with fabulous ingredients to really detox the skin and give it a treat. But it's pricey so way up the pros and cons. I'm disappointed because I like the idea of the boy shop mask and it really does do what it says on the tin, but the burn factor plus parched result doesn't do it for me. The Body Shop is an amazing company though and I fully endorse people trialling their products, so perhaps ask for a sample to see if it's for you before you pick up the big pot.

The one product which doesn't set my face on fire is the REN Flash Rinse 1 minute Facial (RRP £32 75ml). It's basically a blown up toothpaste tube that dispenses a lime green gritty dry oil, which smells citrusy sweet. I find it a little bit uncomfortable on the skin to be honest but the results are awesome and definitely gives one instant gratification. Despite not being for sensitive skin (oops) this doesn't irritate my skin at all. It's really lovely. Would I repurchase. Honest answer is I don't know. I don't feel the love but I really like it. I guess time will tell if I start panicking when I start running low.

So that's it the run down of the exfoliating masks. I was expecting the review to be more upbeat but apparently I don't enjoy using them. BUT!!! but the results are really great so the end definitely justifies the means. If you want the glow you need an exfoliating face mask / cleansing thing in your life, but I just haven't found the one amongst these guys. The search continues. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment