Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Falling in love with makeup again...


My journey into the world of beauty blogs and vlogs has resulted in the overall depreciation of makeup and the growing interest in skincare. It is all about the skincare and I am sure my blog reflects that. But you will notice that over the next week or so there will be a few more makeup related posts thrown into the mix because I have been makeup shopping. From low end to High end I have been shopping (and not only makeup.. but that's what we're concentrating on today). I have regained my love for makeup and am excited about it. It started with a makeup cleansing session. I threw away all my old mascaras, gave away some lipsticks I never wear and even threw away the L'Oreal True Match Foundation. I couldn't work with it and quite frankly it p***** me off so much I needed it out of my life. So there was a gap and I needed to fill it. That is all.

So shopping. I've bought the new Clinique Lash Power Mascara, which is good and does the job well, separates the lashes a treat. The Rimmel by Kate Scandaleyes (Amethyst) which is a aubergine/egg plant coloured mascara because why not?, The real Techniques retractable kabuki brush, The Bourjois bronzing BB cream, which I am obsessed with and wear everyday, Bourjois Velvet lipstick in 03 which is awesome and the No7 Stay Perfect eye crayon in the taupey colour, which, again, is a great find. Very happy with that one... and I had a splurge at the Chanel and Estee Lauder counters. First up lets talk Lipsticks. I saw the new Estee Lauder Envy Lipsticks at my local Boots months ago and was wowed and in awe of the Impassioned orangey red shade but I knew I would probably wear it once so I resisted. Last weekend I went into a bigger Boots and they had the entire line and I naturally gravitated towards the pinky nude shade Potent. I swatched, I patted it on my lips, fell in love and felt giddy with excitement. I haven't felt this excited about a lipstick since buying my YSL rouge veloupte way back when. It's such a grown up shade. I feel very grown up wearing it and so far I find the longevity incredible. And finally I finally picked up the Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua foundation in B10, which has been lurking on my beauty wish list FOREVER. It always looks incredible on the girls on Youtube and I felt it was time. Then I spent all my points on the Les Beige powder in 10. HAPPY!!

Woohoo so I think that is all the makeup bits I picked up recently and I'm still going to London later this year so believe me I have a Charlotte Tilbury shopping list. So yeah I am going to go now and play with my makeup and cut up my debit card. Have a good day. xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment