Monday, 12 May 2014

The One Where The Makeup Stayed On All Night.


Ok so I was going to a party and I didn't have much time, I literally slapped the products on with the least amount of brushes possible. Et voila, smokey eye, contoured skin, my lips but better and I'm away. Just an aside. I would have uploaded a picture of me wearing the makeup but no selfies were taken unfortunately and all the pics taken at the party don't really show off the makeup that well or has lots of other people in the frame and so on and so forth. All the excuses, but at least I've swatches the lip products for your information, at least..!!

So face. Illamasqua Skin Base is the best foundation I have ever used. EVER. It is stunning and I have never loved another foundation more. I set it with another foundation, because, why not? I set it with the bare minerals foundation and I got the glow on. Probably too much so I set it again with translucent powder. End result? My makeup stayed on all night. No caking or separating or anything, just great photo ready skin. Love. I only applied the foundation down the centre of my face as it was a tad light. Cue all the bronzers and contouring products. They stayed on well but I was left pining for the Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder. Sleek contour kit you too orange.

And a quick nod to the eyebrow product that is awesome. The brow and lash gel. It is grrrrreat.

The eye was speedily created. Finger in the colour tattoo on and on bronze. smeared in around the place. Created a glistening, or glittery lid, or an accent lid? with the Mememe dew pot in woodland truffle. blend blend blend. Then I thought "what would Charlotte Tilbury do?" Do a sexy feline eye. And the Soap and Glory Smoulder Khol in Cocoa Bean (dark brown) is amazing. It is basically the same thing as the Avon liners or the Urban Decay 247 liners. It glides on like a dream, you smudge like a pro, with cotton buds and everything, and then it sets. For lashes I built up the Clinique Power lash to a respectable volume and done. This eye stayed on all night. My sexy bedroom eye which got tones of compliments.

I continued with the "WWCTD" hat on and decided to line my lips, because you can't apply lipstick without a lipliner, then applied the luscious YSL rouge velupte which glides on like a dream and then finished the lip off with a Charlotte Tilbury 'promotion image' worthy glossy pout. I'm obsessed with the Revlon colour burst lip gloss in 004 pink ice. The best thing about it is that it is not sticky at all. the colour glides on the lips creating a beautiful sheen. It's a stunning product. I think the packaging is gorgeous and it wears beautifully well. Recommend!!!

Obviously more was put on the face but these are the stand out products which I would full heartedly recommend you try out. Ps. Illamasqua skin base is everything. that's it. bye xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment