Thursday, 22 May 2014

Clinique Lash Power Feathering Mascara


I threw all my mascaras away and needed a new one. As my beloved L'Oreal Mega Volume Collagene 24hr was no where to be seen I settled for the new Clinique offering, which promises to remain smudge free for 12 hours. ooooh.

This is known in the trade as a "tubing mascara". AKA rather than your lashes being painted on a swipe of mascara will actually tube your lashes creating a more define and wide eyed look with no smudging.

My first thought was "wow that's smaller than I expected". It comes in the lovely floral Clinique box they package all their makeup products in, revealing a very basic silver grey matte tube and glossy shiny lid, with the C embossed on the top of the lid. The wand is very similar to the Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express mascara, the bristles are very fine and feathery and is the size of my thumb pad. The product gloops up on the end so remember to wipe that away before use.

I find that it coats each lash well and doesn't clump together at all. You can build up intensity if you want but if I do I find I get little mascara flakes under my eyes after an hour or so. I create pretty lashes with this mascara but not va va voom lashes by any stretch of the imagination, even with four coats!?. So if you want super volume look else where. This is a daytime mascara which creates pretty feathery lashes. You get a little umph but nothing spectacular. I also found I got a tiny bit of smudging one day too. Sad. But a tiny bit. You won't get mega panda eyes with this one. I also found it removed really easily too.

The lash Power mascara retails for £18.00 and comes in two shades 01 Black Onyx and 02 Dark Chocolate. Would I repurchase? No. I prefer the va va voom darling. But it does do what it says on the tin. It creates beautiful feathery lashes. If that's all what you want BUY IT NOW. xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment