Friday, 23 May 2014

Beauty Spring Cleaning


There comes a time in everyone's life when they need to sort themselves out and clear some room and save some cash. I am currently going through a mass "project ten pan" scenario. Lots of my hair and skin care products are coming to their end and I threw away all my mascaras last week and gave away lots of lipsticks I don't wear. I hate clutter and the empty space is therapeutic, not to mention a sign that I should really go shopping again. I am hoping to visit Selfridges and check out the Charlotte Tilbury range soon too. Click on the links to see the original posts and more info on some of the products that have met their end or are very close to getting there. Do you enjoy spring cleaning your stash? xoxo

CHARLOTTE'S MAGIC CREAM - As it retails for £70 I think I will refrain from repurchasing until my wedding day or something, if money wasn't an issue then there would already be a back up.

No7 Instant Radiance Beauty Balm - nah I don't think I would repurchase. There's more out there to try out. It does smell divine though.

I got spots - I wouldn't repurchase the Vichy toner but perhaps the Alpha H liquid gold one day.

PRO:VOKE Touch of SILVER - I'm hoping to go honey blonde in the coming weeks so perhaps I'll hold off for now, but if and when I decided to platinumise my lose again this will be on the shopping list.

Rave Review: L'oreal Mega Volume Collagene 24hr - Amazing mascara. I would repurchase in a heart beat however they appear to have discontinued it in my local Boots. Sad Face....

January Favourites - Basically everything featured has finished: NEOM hand cream, Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing balm, Aromatherapy bath oil, Therapy Himalayan bath salts, oh and Charlotte Tilbury's Magic cream. Yes I would rebuy all of these products. They are Amazing. Everything in my Jan Favourites are luxe and expensive and fabulous.

MARCH FAVOURITES // REN CLEANSING MILK - I will definitely repurchase this cleanser. It's gorgeous.

Skyn Iceland "Saving Face" Recovery kit for Life's Big Moments // ICELANDIC RELIEF EYE PEN - I don't think I will repurchase this. There is just not enough product for your wonga. It is a lovely eye cream though.

The 'EMMA HARDIE MORINGA CLEANSING BALM' Diary - Gorgeous product - best for the colder months I would say. It's very nourishing on the skin. It's definitely a contender next time I buy a cleanser.

Product Review: Soap and Glory: Kick Ass Concealer - Ok so this fell on the floor, shattered, the powder and lid element thrown away leaving the concealer section exposed, 'squidged' in my bag. Game Over. I think this is an excellent concealer and is amazingly priced at £9.99. If you haven't tried it I recommend you do. Will I repurchase? Not yet. I'm finding these cream concealers a little drying of late so I'm going to look elsewhere for my concealing needs, but it is definitely one of the best I have tried.

HOLY GRAIL #1 Clinique Dramatically Different moisturising gel - Wow circa 2007 to 2012 I loved this moisturiser passionately, however with time and age I have fallen out of love. It just doesn't give me that nourishment I long for in a moisturiser now. I stand by the fact that it is a fabulous foundation for the oily skinned but for my needs, it just doesn't deliver. Fallen from grace, I don't see a repurchase on the cards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment