Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV defence SPF 50 PA+++ UVA


Presenting the first Product Review from the Bulked up Holiday Beauty Haul and also featured in my March Favourites because it saved my life on on holiday. All hail the Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defence SPF 50+++ UVA. Read up HOLIDAY HATES FACE and get the run down of one beauty disaster after another.

Ok now on to the review. And Price wise it is on the cusp of what I would happily spend on a beauty item (around £30). I bought a 60ml tube for £31 off http://www.kiehls.co.uk/skin-care/by-concern/healthy-skin/ultra-light-daily-defense-spf-50 after reading lots of reviews online and this came out on top with flying colours. I bought this as it was easier to get hold of than the ample Shiseido offerings, in the UK. I bought it based on the rave reviews but the write up sounds very extra special too:

What They Say on Kiehls.co.uk  

Our daily, ultra light formula intensely moisturizes the skin and utilizes a high level of sun filters Mexoryl SX and Mexoryl Xl to provide the skin with effective UVA and UVB broad-spectrum sunscreen protection. This moisturizing, oil-free lotion helps protect against the appearance of dark sports and wrinkles. Safe for sensitive skin.

Apply in the morning at the end of your daily skincare routine. Avoid eye area. in case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately and thoroughly.

Key Ingredients

Mexoryl SX™
A new, patented technology, Mexoryl SX™ is a highly effective, photostable sun filter that protects skin from short UVA rays. Combined with traditional SPF filters, these formulas shield against UVA/UVB rays – which contribute to skin damage and premature aging.


Octocrylene
Octocrylene is a premium UVB sunscreen that is water resistant and has a broad-band absorbent range.
 
Parsol 1789 (Avobenzone)
Parsol® 1789, the trademark name for Avobenzone, is a commonly used chemical sunscreen. On the FDA's Category I sunscreen list, it offers broad-range UVA protection and helps protect the skin against the harmful effects of sun exposure which can cause premature skin aging.

Every time I apply this I am always taken aback how much of a white cast in gives to my skin. It gives a glow to the skin and can look a little oily. I'm so sorry oily skinned guys and girls this isn't mattifying at all. It does melt into the skin very well however, doesn't feel heavy or clogs the pores. And it's scentless.

I did royally break out though. This was an amalgamation of the heat and being "that time of the month" but this could have added to it. I'll get back to you if I find that this makes me break out again.

I found on my very sensitive skin that it was a little uncomfortable on the skin, but didn't out right burn like other products so, although not perfect on sensitive skin, it is much better than other products. 

This product kept my face from darkening (as much as my body anyway) and protected it from potential sun burn. I was overjoyed and fell in love with it. It's my favourite facial sunscreen to date. If your looking for one I would definitely recommend this.

Thankyou for reading. If your interested in facial sunscreens read up on others that I have trialled in the past. Click HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE for the other reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment