Thursday, 13 March 2014

What's in my Holiday Makeup Bag?



Ah the holiday Makeup Bag. When your travelling you sometimes feel a little overwhelmed on what to take with you. My advice is to keep it small, light, creams preferably and take multi-tasking products. Also be honest with what you'll wear. Despite wanting to take the bright lip products I know myself enough to know I won't wear them. So if your low on space and weight be honest and functional and if all fails there's always duty free... This is what I'm taking with me. Enjoy xoxo

Rimmel Stay Matt foundation in soft Beige. I will be using this as a concealer and will be mixing this in with my daily moisturiser to create a tinted moisturiser type deal. I haven't used this yet as the colour is far too dark for me right now. Watch this space.

Soap and Glory Kick Ass concealer. Although in light, I will probably mix this in with the Rimmel foundation to conceal pesky blemishes that will inevitably come and the translucent powder is fabulous. This is the perfect concealing travel companion.

YSL Touche Eclat to give one a subtle highlight. When I'm in a hot climate I don't feel the need for the glow as I am already tres blowy. This will be perfection.

Illamasqua Lash and Brow Gel. To set the eyebrows in place. Duh.

Its on its way out but I want to finish it up and it comes with it's own spooky the Benefit Brow pencil in Light.

Bourjois Volume Clubbing Waterproof Mascara - This stays on forever. The perfect hot climate / long day and night eyelash enhancer.

Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Trio Palette - the perfect tiny cream trio which will enhance the cheeks, structure and contour the face. We like this for our holidays we do.

And on to the "extras" the spruce up products for the evenings if you will. First up is the Soap and Glory Smoulder Khol waterproof Eyeliner in Cocoa Bean. This is the perfect deep brown eyeliner that applies beautifully and stays on all night without smudging - win - it also comes with it's own pencil sharpener. No need to bring an extra - epic.

Maybelline colour Tattoo in On and On bronze. The perfect shade to slap on and go. This lasts all night and is just fabulous easy colour to wear on its own or as a base.

Rimmel 5-colour Eyeshadow palette in Brixton Brown. - I've thrown this in at the last minute. It's tiny and relatively cheap so if it smashes life will go on. It's also the perfect quad of colours to wear alone or layer on top of the On and On bronze colour tattoo.

Nars Pro Primer - Bringing powder shadows means bringing an eyeshadow primer. That's it.

The words of Charlotte Tilbury have been echoing around my head for weeks now "you need to wear a lipliner when wearing lipstick to perfect your lips" so hey presto I threw a lip liner in there. My favourite nude lip liner is the Maybelline Colour Sensation Lip Liner in 132 Sweet Pink. And to go with, the forever moisturising and gorgeous Clinique Chubby Stick in 13 Mighty Mimosa.

And finally the pop of colour for the cheeks. The aptly named No7 Pop and Glow cream blusher in rose blossom. I was going to bring the Jemma Kidd Guava as well but 'meh' I'll stick to just this one. I  think it'll do.

And For brushes I'm taking my favourites that never let me down: Real Techniques Stippling brush, Expert Face Brush,  No7 Smokey Eyeliner Brush, MAC 217, 239 & 286, Sigma E05. Oh and my Shu  Uemora Eyelash curlers and cotton buds. Not pictured but essential. xoxox

4 comments:

  1. Happy Saint Patty's day from Samelia's World really good blog post lets support each other mine is www.samelia.com see you on twitter or our blogs
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly complete and professional make-up bag, I must say. Your collection is awesome, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou Facial Health that is really nice of you to say so. xoxo

      Delete