Sunday, 9 March 2014

Holiday Beauty Haul.


This time next week I will be soaking up the rays in a sunnier clime - I'M GOING ON HOLIDAY!! And I took this as an excuse to buy "all the beauty products" that I have wanted to try out. A few bits were needed like sunscreen and a few travel sized skincare items but mostly the past few months have been a frenzied accumulation of getting everything I want to try out (bar a REN face mask - I've resisted something then, so all is not lost). Sit back, relax and enjoy my beauty haul. xoxo

SUNCARE
Lets start with sun care shall we? After hearing all the hype from family, friends and bloggers I just had to pick up the P20 once a day in SPF30. Everyone raves about how it really lasts all day and is a fantastic sunscreen, so we'll see how it goes. I also picked up the cheaper alternative Calypso once a day sun protection in SPF20. The people off Trip Advisor (of all places) proclaim this to be as good as the P20, but at a fraction of the price. I shall trial and compare and get back to you on that.

Now the all important facial sun care. If you have read any of my previous facial sun care reviews you will know that I am yet to find one that I like. Period. After scouring the internet it came clear that the favourites were Kiehl's and Shiseido. I chose Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++ UVA. It promises to helps protect against the appearance of dark spots, freckles, wrinkles, and skin darkening, while also protecting against premature skin ageing. Let's see how it goes. Please browse my history of facial sunscreen FAILS HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE

And finally the St Tropez after sun with a hint of self tan. OOOOh. I am hoping this will give me that extra intense glow I am always after but never really achieve.

SKINCARE
Checking out EBay I found quite a few sample/travel gift sets about, but I decided on a Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish hot cloth cleanser, Instant Boost skin tonic toner and skin repair moisturiser sample set. I love the cleanse and polish a lot and am excited to try out the toner and moisturiser. Eee.

Apvita mask samples. I have long checked these out and really wanted to try them. I got the Express Beauty with Ginkgo Bilabo - Dark Circles and eye-puffiness mask. You get two 2ml samples which I will use for the plane ride there and back. I also picked up the 8ml samples of Express Beauty with Pink Clay - gentle cleansing mask with pink clay pink. My skin will inevitably break me out (the sun hates my face you see) so I am hoping this will help balance my sun blemished skin mid holiday.

The Skyn Iceland "Saving Face" Rescue kit for life's big moments. Again I have longed to try out this brand and thought the holiday would be a perfect excuse to indulge. In the set there are toning pads or Nordic Skin peel, 2 Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels, Glacial Face Wash, The Antidote Cooling Daily Lotion and Icelandic Relief Eye Pen. There will definitely be a review on these after the holiday. Really excited to try these out.

No7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking (Cleansing) wipes. With a £5 off voucher in hand I made a B-line for a bargain. I've used these wipes before and I think they are good. They are not going to give you a thorough cleanse by any means but I merely want to use them on the plane and on the beach to freshen up. And the Nivea Daily Essentials Eye Makeup Remover. So Lisa Eldridge made a public announcement on twitter that this was awesome at removing stubborn waterproof mascara. So what's a girl to do? This was approximately £3.50... Can't wait to trial it out.

BODY CARE
Sanctuary body scrub. As my limbs are going to be on show I figured I would give it a whirl. It says it is gentle enough for every day so we'll see how it goes. And a sachet of the Sanctuary salt scrub. Again I figured mid week I could give myself a little pamper session and give my body a deep clean scrub. I have had my eye on this scrub for a while so if I like it I'll definitely buy the full size.

HAIR CARE
Just one thing for the hair and that is a travel sized sachet of Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Hair Heeler Leave-In conditioner. I absolutely love the hair balm from this range and am hoping this delivers the goods too.

Oof I think that is it! Holiday Beauty Hauling - DONE!! Please follow on Bloglovin / twitter / instagram for more beauty frolics as I am sure to write reviews on all that I have mentioned after my holiday and a few more holiday related posts before I fly out next week. Take care and farewell xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment