Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Doing NARS


Settle down and all hear my tale with NARS and what I think of their products thus far... Sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin. My NARS story started in the summer of 2010 when I bought the sheer glow foundation (on a whim / online no less) in Mont Blanc and it was the perfect colour match and beautiful foundation. Fast forward 3 years and it is still knocking about in my makeup drawer. I don't know if it has "gone off" or something but it no longer resembled the foundation I once loved. It was cakey and nasty and I gave it away. My friend loved it even though it was "well old" so there you have it. In 2012 I wrote a rave review for it HERE. Sort of want to try it again now - watch this space.

Last Autumn saw the rise of the face palettes. My prolonged umming and aweing over the Laguna/deep throat duo saw me miss that limited edition product entirely and so I was left with the dilemma of what new palettes I should buy instead. After researching the I heart LA palette, Adult content palette and a few others I finally rested on buying a full sized Laguna and deep throat as part of the Adult content palette. Done! Although I was kicking myself slightly when the one night stand palette was released not long after (compiled of Laguna, Deep throat and 4 other blushes). But Hey Ho. Life. I really enjoy the Adult content palette and despite the miss liberty highlighter being a let down I love the other three shades, especially the contour shade called zen. I really love that one. Check out my review of the Adult Content Palette HERE.

Now, I'm still learning to love Laguna. The pigmentation is phenomenal and you need to go in with a light hand and or dab before you apply any of this product on your face (I have had one too many accidents going in a little bit gun ho unfortunately). I also find it applies best with a large fluffy brush for the same reason. The colour is great though. I have just found it a little bit difficult to blend out, but this is obviously my lack of makeuping skill rather than any reflection on the product but I guess it isn't fool proof then.. I don't know. I continue to play so watch this space.

Moving away from the face palettes: An impromptu Space NK haul saw the purchase of the NARS eyeshadow primer. I had heard it is the best primer out there. I suffer with oily lids and my eyeshadow dissipates within the hour without priming power. So this is great. is transparent, doesn't smell bad and as far as I can see keeps my eyeshadow in place. I haven't fallen in love but I think it is a essential in my makeup bag and will continue buying it.

And so we come to the last product - the NARSissist eye palette. AGHHHHHHH!!!! A sneaky text to my boyfriend telling him that I might, sort of, wanted this palette very badly, materialised itself into a very exciting gift when February 14th came around. I was a very happy girl and slightly tickled by receiving a "narSissist" palette on Valentines Day. It's lush, it's sleek, it's limited edition and sold out everywhere (*gloat gloat gloat - sorry not sorry). Because It's sold out I didn't think it was helpful to give it a blogpost on its own but the eye shadows are part of their permanent line (bar bad behaviour) so I wanted to give my two cence worth on the shadows and of using NARS eye shadows for the first time.

NAMES - LEFT TO RIGHT
(TOP ROW): All about Eve / Madrague #2 / Fez / Bali / Coconut Grove
(MID ROW): Madrague #1 / Nepal / Ashes to Ashes / Brousse #2 / Mekong
(BTM ROW): Bellissima #1 / Lhasa / Bad Behaviour / Dogon #2 / Pandora #2

I have heard so much good stuff about NARS eye shadows, no less by Raychel Wade from Cheek to Chic and was excited to try them out. My favourites are Fez, Lhasa, ashes to ashes and I'm obsessed with the glittery pale (highlighty) colours all about eve and Bellissima and even the blue toned grey bad behaviour is Sparklific too. That's what I love about the palette. There's 5 matts for the neutral eye lover, and 10 shimmers and frosts and glittery frosts and for me that's awesome, when I can be bothered to apply eyeshadow I like to go all out. I am 26 and love glitter and sparkle so sue me. Unfortunately the mattes Madrague #1 and #2 have poor pigmentation and disappear on my skintone, but I guess I would only use these as the initial wash of colour and even skin tone on my lid so I guess their sufficient for their job. The very dark colours come up a little chalky when swatched but do the job on lids to intensify your look and create a smokey eye. overall I'm really happy with this palette. Every time I open it I'm like "ooo" and fall in love with it again and again. It appears to be a mixture of the Urban decay naked palettes 1, 2 and the basics palette and so covers everything you could need for a neutral eye when travelling. You don't need to bring anything else! win.

NARS done. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment