Monday, 27 January 2014

Beauty Abroad: Makeup stuffs


Hello and welcome to the final Beauty Abroad post: The makeup products I took on a hot holiday and what I thought of them. Recommendations etc to follow. Take notes all you guys who are about to be whisked off somewhere sunny yourselves.

Lets start with the lips. I took two bright lipsticks to wear in the evening. I don't wear makeup during the day on holiday and even in the evening will only bother with a lip balm if I'm going for a nude lip, but to really offset a tan I don't think there's anything better than tonnes of bronzer and a bright lip. The Clinique chubby stick is a dream to use (shade: two tonne tomato) and the Maybelline 910 Shocking Coral Color Sensational Vivid lipstick is lush too. The only thing I would recommend you do, if you take bright lipsticks with you, is to take a matching lip liner, merely for longevity sakes. Neither of these lipsticks lasted very long.

A water proof mascara. And I recommend this one - the Bourjois Clubbing waterproof mascara. It lasts for hours. And to keep my eyebrows in place I took my favourites:  The Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Precision shaping pencil and Illamasqua brow gel. Both are fabulous at staying put all day under the heat. I also took with me Soap and Glory's Kick ass concealer for its functionality abilities (warm/cool concealers and setting powder) and the Rimmel wake me up concealer in soft beige, to mix in with my concealers when my tan starts to kick in. Oh and my YSL touche eclat to conceal and brighten under my eyes and highlight the high points of my face, to create dimension. I took one eye cream with me (MeMeMe dew pot in woodland truffle) to give my look a metallic glittery sheen but to be honest I only wore this once. It actually started creasing, which I sort of like so that didn't put me off but what can I say I'm low maintenance abroad!!


And now to the base and cheek products. I found that my Laura Mercier Bonne mine trio palette was a lovely space saver, however I didn't use the highlighter (on holiday my face gets really oily and spotty so the need for a faux glow is ommited) and although the cheek veil is a lush cheek and lip colour (FYI) I found myself missing a bright cheek shade to offset my tan (*adds bright blusher to the next holiday makeup bag list). For foundations I took dr Jart waterfuse beauty balm which, although quite pinky in tone, is a lovely base product for hot weather. It feels really refreshing when applying and gives a medium coverage, so it's a win. I still didn't get on with The Perricone MD No Foundation, Foundation . Even with a tan I found it too dark STILL and it didn't blend in very well. My technique might have been lacking somewhat but it was definitely coming up streaky.


For brushes I took multifunctional brushes: real techniques stippling brush for base and cheek products and the MAC 286 for concealer, blending eye creams and powder.


Et voila. The contents of my makeup bag. go for functional, small and non-delicate items when travelling I hope this was helpful. Take care xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment