Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Beauty Abroad: Beauty on the Beach


First up lets talk about the bad... Oh my Goodness the Caribbean Breeze SPF45 Sun Block. The one and only reason why it is in the beach bag is because i was holding it for someone else. I personally hate it. It's thick, white, gloop which is a nightmare to massage in. SPF failure over here.

But then lets get to the good. Supergoop SPF50, Broad Spectrum Antioxidant Sunscreen with vitamins. This stuff is so easy to apply. Spray and go... However, I felt like it was a tad greasy. Although I loved the sheen on my legs, I wasn't loving it so much on my face. (did I hear anyone shout breakout?) Also when I sprayed this, it went everywhere and all my things were covered in a sticky film. To conclude: great for body protection but my facial sunscreen search continues.

Garnier Golden Protect in High SPF30. This salmon cream massages in a treat. It sinks in well and does what it says on the tin. However it comes with sparkle. Which is great and gimmicky, but after a week in the sun, I was over it to be honest. I don't think i'll repurchase.

Dr Lipp Nipple lip balm. This was in my December faves. I absolutely love this stuff. Just like the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. This great to slick on throughout the days I was basking in the sun. Kept them moisturised and supple. Loved it.

Mark Hill (Holiday Hair) Cover up Protection Spray. Whilst clearing the shelves of Boots of Travel Sized goods I couldn't not give the Hair Protection spray a try. It has that fruity, exotic flowery, highly perfumed scent which, for me, is the smell of holidays. It's really obsessive. I just laid there sometimes smelling it. As a product I think it's rather gimmicky. It gives the hair a greasy look (or beachy hair sexy look?!?) which didn't look too hot on me and after a while I just forgot to use it. It was just that extra faff I didn't want to commit too after 4 days.

So that's it - a sneak peak into my beauty beach bag. I Hope this was an enjoyable read. Take Care xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment