Sunday, 8 December 2013

BLOGMAS DAY 8: 1st YOU BEAUTY ADVENT Review


Spoiler Alert: This Beautiful Beauty Advent Calendar is in my December Favourites post. For the past 8 days I have been so excited to open each of my doors. It has literally felt like Christmas morning every day. I don't see a future without a beauty Advent Calendar in it from now on. First of all, I must say, I liked the berry colour theme going on until day 6. Now on to the reviews. Enjoy xoxo

DAY 1 - You Beauty kicked off their Advent Calendar with a 10ml Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask (full size 60ml retails for £93.00) so already we have £15.50 worth of product and I'm impressed and very happy thus far! The mask promises to instantly smoothing, plump and brighten the skin. I find that it applies like a light paste and feels sticky to the touch but is very comfortable and almost undetectable to wear, once dried. This mask made my skin feel tighter and my complexion definitely looks brighter and feels smoother. I think this would be a fabulous product for people looking into investing in some nice youth boosting products.

DAY 2 - The next day I was so excited to open my 2nd door. On opening I discovered a full size 30ml Caudelie Feuille de Cassis (or blackcurrant leaf) hand and nail cream (RRP £6). It's a very light cream that melts into the skin well. I don't think it would 'cut the mustard' with very dry and chapped hands but for an every day hand treat, it does the job. It has a very subtle tangy-sweet scent (perhaps blackcurrant?) too. This has gone straight into my handbag.

DAY 3 - wow! Day 3 bought an Espa Set, which I have worked out to cost approximately £27. In this fabulous box of joy we have a £15 voucher on all Espa products, a skin polish and serum. Wowsers these products feel so luxe and pampering on the skin and the day after my skin was smoother than I can ever remember it to be. Although the skin Polish will probably run out soon I think The serum will last a while. Very impressed with this one and my favourite so far!

DAY 4 - There was no way I was going to guess that the little bullet shaped 4 window was going to be a mini nail polish. And not just any nail polish but a Deborah Lipman Black-red shade. Bang on trend and is a shade I was actually after! Win. A normal sized bottle (12ml) retails for £11. So this sample costs about £5.

DAY 5 - As this was one of the largest doors I was excited about this one. Out came a 100ml Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash. They say it is 99% natural in origin and is packed with natural oils. It smells very herbally and nice and lathers up nicely on the skin. The website spiel says this super toning range was developed to target areas prone to cellulite and dimples. I like the idea of using a natural product which will be lush on my skin, however  I don't expect to see any noticable results with this. Time will tell. (100ml bottle retails for £9.00)

DAY 6 - The Perricone MD No Foundation, Foundation reminds me of Estee Lauders sheer tint active release. It's developed to deliver antioxidant benefits, smooth fine lines and boost natural moisture throughout the day whilst providing a natural translucent coverage and corrects skin tone. It also boasts a broad spectrum SPF of 30 and retails for £47 for 30ml So this 7.5ml sample actually works out at £11.75. Win. The only problem is that it is too dark for me. But come summer time or when I feel ready to pile on the fake tan I'll be there. This product also comes in fair too. Looking at the website I'm intrigued in the Perricone MD line and want to sample lots of their products. In depth review to come of this (when I'm tanned).

DAY 7 - Day 7 bought a set of The Vintage Cosmetic Company tweezers. They're a chic (Limited Christmas Edition) blue grey tweezer with a matt, anti-slip, texture. They are very nice and are quite sharp but alas Tweezerman Tweezers are better. This pair retail for £8.00, But I think you can get a set of 2 for £2. They're nice but if I had to recommend tweezers to you then buy Tweezermans all the way!

DAY 8 - And finally the day has come to open day 8 and finish this 1st review of the first 8 days of my You Beauty Advent Calendar. Today the door opened to reveal Aromatherapy Associates Inner Strength Bath and Shower Oil. Now I have never tried a bath oil before, I don't think, so as soon as I hit upload i'm having a bath. This oil retails for £39 for 55ml online so we have about £5 of product here. It smells amazing and I can't wait to relax in my bath and find my "inner strength".

Happy Sunday guys and see you tomorrow for more BLOGMAS frolics. I can't wait to see what day 9 brings. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment