Wednesday, 4 December 2013

BLOGMAS DAY 4: Boots Haul


I took advantage of the Boots 3 for 2 offer and got a free No7 Gift in the process... And... received 250 points on my card for spending over £25! Hooray!! Now for the low down. What is a hit. miss or maybe?? Find out...

HIT
There are lot's of hits in this haul I am happy to announce...Firstly I am obsessed with The Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Precision shaping pencil (blonde love?). The very Suqqu-esque brow tint glides on well and doesn't budge. Its fine nib ensures you can create fine hairs and create a natural look. The pencil is quite hard and you need to put some effort into applying this, but it creates a really nice structured brow, non the less. The swatches (below) are coming up warmer than they actually are and in real life are the perfect colour for light brows.

Introducing my new favourite lipstick: Revlon 'Super Lustrous lipstick' in Pink cognito! This is so moisturising first of all, so is so easy to apply and feels really comfortable to the lips. Its a beautiful. "my lips but better" pink nude and I am obsessed. It warms your complexion and looks polished and sophisticated. I think it is as moisturising and lovely as a Chanel Rouge Coco shine lipstick but I prefer the colour I own. Did I hear Holy Grail??

No7's short and stout Christmas Limited Edition "chubby stick" Instant Radiance (cream) highlighter is perfection. It applies fabulously and blends well. And stays on all day. It leans pink but is very natural and is the second cream highlighter I have ever come across that I like as much as Jemma Kidds dewy glow cream highlighter. LOVE.

The No7 blush brush is everything I wanted it to be and applies powder blush well. I also like the packaging and the brush looks pretty chic.

MISS
The No7 Stay Precise Felt Tip Eyeliner. grrrr. When I first applied this, I was mesing about and created a perfect winged eye. I felt the nib was very thin and as such helped with precision. Fast forward 12 hours and my attempt at recreating the eyeliner from the night before was laughable, mainly because the eyeliner kept drying up and it made applying fine lines impossible. At the time that I am writing this I am very angry with said eyeliner and it is on the naughty step, but I am aware a bad worksman blames his tools so we shall try again and it might be elevated to maybe status if it is lucky.

MAYBE
Slap my hand I haven't tested out the No7 Extreme Length Extend or Bourjois Volume Clubbing Waterproof Mascaras yet. But I have been accumulating a few mascara samples of late so stay tuned for a mass review on them early next year. So they're a maybe because I don't know how good they are yet!! Hash tag committed blogger.

As I found that the Rimmel eyeshadows varying in quality. They're a maybe too. The red and the champagne had great colour pay off and applied like butter but the darker shades were quite chalky and it took a job to get a good swatch. As you can see the mid brown is hardly visible - But is a good dupe for MAC omega. You need to apply with a primer and really pack on the product to get a decent pay off and longevity.

Another maybe is the No7 gloss in Whisper is a subtle glittery, shimmery pink gloss. Its very glossy and easy to wear and is not sticky. Smells wrong but tastes good :-). I find you need to dollop the applicator into the tube a few times to get enough product as its rather gloopy. It's a good lip gloss but I'm not excited about it and wouldn't have bought it myself. Not crazy about the packaging either.

The No7 soft brown is a very MAC patina-esque colour, or a soft brown with golden undertones. Although it looks silver in the picture and khaki in the swatch. This shadow is buttery smooth and you can feel the quality of this product next to the Rimmel offering. Although this is a very universally flattering shade and is a quality eyeshadow, this is a maybe because, like the lip gloss, i'm not excited by it. I'm sure it'll see lots of wear though.



SWATCHES (T-B, L-R)
1. Rimmel Broxton Brown HD glam eyes 5 colour palette
2. Revlon Pink Cognito
3. No 7 lipgloss in whisper
4. No 7 Instant radiance Highlighter
5. No 7 soft brown eye shadow
6. Archery pencil
7. Archery brow tint

No comments:

Post a Comment