Thursday, 24 October 2013

October Mash Up

 
This month has seen the temperatures drop and the re-emergence of the COLD weather. As I type this I can hear the howling of the wind and the rain tapping on the window. Inside it's hot. The central heating is on full whack. My skin feels tight and despite the radiating fire in the corner, I still  feel cold. It's going to be a long winter.

For another month I have resisted from wearing much makeup at all, concentrating on sheer textures and getting that healthy glow. Finding soothing moisturisers and face masks that calm my irritated skin, slapping on the dark polish and having a obsessive affair with REN and Soap and Glory.

I have also been enjoying my NARS adult content palette and this month and giving myself that little bit more of a chiselled contour, went a bit crazy on the concealer hauling and enjoyed rummaging through my jewellery box.

In regards to my "October Favourite" products, I have to mention the products which I have used, basically, every day: The  Laura Mercier Bonne Mine trio palette, which has been an awesome travel companion and is so easy and fuss free, and the Laura Mercier Oil free Tinted Moisturiser:

Despite not giving the tinted moisturiser a glowing review, I did end it by saying: "...hopefully one day the penny will drop and I'll go "wow". Hopefully to be continued." And that day has come. It wasn't a quick hit it was a slow realisation that, actually, I have been wearing this everyday and my skin looks great (even without a glowing primer). It doesn't cake, I've learnt to use it with my fingers and I'm satisfied with it's over all performance. And my shading issues that I raised? Well, it doesn't seem to be a problem at all. In answer to my own question? Yes I am nuts... because I feel like its a great colour match after all.

I hope your October was swell... Oh and "Happy Halloween" too... See you in November!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment