Sunday, 6 October 2013

Another Laura Mercier Oil Free tinted moisturiser Review



The end of the summer saw the purchase of a much longed for product: the Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted moisturiser! It has been on my wish list for literally 3 years! It always evaded me as something else was always little bit shinier or it was out of stock! Laura Mercier do 3 tinted moisturisers (normal, oil free and luminising) this one is the purple one and my shade is porcelain. It's £33 for 50ml and in the packaging stakes I rate this highly. It's a chic tube which is travel friendly and hygienic. The porcelain colour is actually a tad dark. Am I nuts? I'm sure I've read reviews that praise this for matching their NW15 skin tone perfectly! I'm darker than that (between NC15-20) and I definitely feel like this is a smidgen too dark for me.

On first application I was deflated. It was just "meh". I felt it dulled my complexion. I don't like applying it with my fingers at all and I feel that it needs lots of buffing in. Despite being a tinted MOISTURISER! I feel like I need to apply a moisturiser beforehand to give the product a bit of slip. The results aren't great but are by no means bad. It has decent coverage and I like it for that. I think it wears ok and with my one true love BECCA SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR underneath I'm on to a winner. I warm the product between my fingers before application to help it blend in better too! 

My skin looks good wearing this so it's not a complete failure but it's not wowsers for me. I want it to be so much better than it really is and that's a shame. But what I do like about this tinted moisturiser is that it gives broad spectrum SPF20 sunscreen and helps control oil. I'm not naïve enough to think this will give me ultimate protection all day, but it can't be bad can it? perfect for super oily skinned girls who already have the glow but for my needs I'm not blown away. the luminising tinted moisturiser doesn't come light enough and there's too many negative reports for the normal one to motivate me enough to drop the cash on it. I'll keep using mine though and hopefully one day the penny will drop and I'll go "wow". Hopefully to be continued. X

No comments:

Post a Comment