Monday, 22 July 2013

Caudelie Soleil Divin anti-ageing face suncare


So what can I say about the Caudalie Face sunscreen? Well I needed a new one and the price seemed right. I was looking at lots around the thirty pound mark and this was around twenty on SpaceNK. It's a white lotion which, unfortunately, gives a white cast to the skin if your not careful. It feels very sticky / oily on the skin and although it isn't the worst I've tried, it definitely gives the skin a glow! This goes completely against it's claims of being matte, transparent and non sticky. So sorry Caudelie not impressed with that one.

In regards to it's sun protectant abilities, this provides BROAD SPECTRUM (buzz word - very good thing!!) UVA and UVB filters. It has an SPF of 50 and the box tells us to reapply every 2 hours. woop.

So what other benefits to wearing this sunscreen? It contains anti-oxidants (contains Caudalie patented (owned by Caudalie by law so no one can copy) grape seed polyphenols (good stuff that neutralises free radicals - bad stuff - that cause skin ageing)), is moisturising and contains 0% parabens (bad stuff!!). Oh and isn't tested on animals (PETA approved ;-D).

From antioxidants to aesthetics: the 40ml tube is nice enough. And the box of super information in 5 languages is ok. A little bit intimidating, but nothing is more intimidating (or confusing) than its DNA protect claim!? What I can make out (using the diagram/information on the inside of the box) is that the skin is 100% protected against oxidative stress (sun damage??). 

It all sounds very impressive and I can wear this in the knowledge that if I apply generously every two hours my skin will have ultimate protection. I'm just not that much of a fan of the wearability of this facial sunscreen. If I apply generously my face is too oily for comfort and that's my problem. I'll wear this and use it up but despite the amazing claims I'm not sold. The search continues. What's your favourite facial sunscreen? X

No comments:

Post a Comment