Friday, 12 April 2013

Sampling Clinique Skin Care


Easter morning I was presented with something much better than chocolate and that was a bag of Beauty goodys including some clinique skin care samples - score!! These samples are very generous with the liquid soap and moisturiser being 30mls. The eye cream is also generous being 7ml.

The Liquid Facial Soap (dry combination) promises to gently and affectively cleanse skin which gets dry in the cheeks and oily in the T zone. Alas I find this super drying. My skin feels tight and uncomfortable whilst using this. I also feel I need to use a makeup remover before using this to thoroughly remove makeup. Overall I'm not impressed. Sorry Clinique I won't be buying this.

Second up is The Moisture Surge gel-creme. I find that this feels sticky and nasty on the skin. An hour later it settles and my skin feels soft but I don't feel impressed. For a moisture surge I prefer to use a thick luxurious cream. This product also doubles up as a moisture mask - pass! I prefer my Dermotologica Skin Hydrating Masque. Again its sticky and I don't feel like its nourishing my skin. In contrast the Dermotologica Masque melts into the skin and feels as if it isn't there. It also says that the gel-creme an be used over makeup? I have tried this and feel as if its wiping my makeup away.. I don't know about this one. I think I'm going to have to play around with with a bit more.

And finally the All About Eyes Rich cream promises to reduce circles and puffiness. It doesn't reduce darkness, as no eye cream does this. Also I haven't found that this reduces puffiness either to be honest. It's a very thick cream and lies on the skin for a long time. Great for evenings. Not so much for in the day. I haven't found that makeup sits very well on it. The pot is ridiculous aswell. Whilst trying to get the cream out it has embedded itself and is a trial to get out.

Also whilst using all this skincare I have broken out quite badly. I don't think that this skin care is to blame as breakouts happen whatever but it doesn't bode well. I don't want to appear to be a Clinique basher because honstely Their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel has been my all time favourite moisturiser for a long long time (The evidence of love can be found: HERE HERE HERE HERE) However it hasn't been doing it for me lately during the cold weather as I have been prefering thicker and radiance enhancing creams.

Please comment if you use these and want to chare your opinion I would love to hear it, please follow me on BlogLovin and Twitter if you want to hear more from me. All the best and thankyou for stopping by, Natalie xoxo

2 comments:

  1. A nice review of Clinique skin care products. Their eye cream is really foo. I use it regularly.

    ReplyDelete