Monday, 11 March 2013

Work Makeup



My job involves long hours and spending nights away from home. I like to be low maintenance but I still want to look refreshed and perky! This is how I hopefully achieve it... Enjoy xoxo

First up lets talk eye brows!! I'm all about brows at the moment, the bigger and the bushier the better. They're youthful and natural and tes chic. I can't believe that before I discovered YoutTube makeup tutorials it never occurred to me to do anything with them! In order to channel my inner Cara Delevinge I use a MAC 224 spooly brush to comb my brows through and brush away any product in them, then I fill them in using Cliniques 01 soft blonde and then tame with the Holy Grail to end all Holy Grail brow gels - Illamasqua Brow and Lash gel. Believe me your brow hairs will not move all day. And that's a necessity when your working all day!

Now onto the complexion products. I have my light to medium glowing (cheap version of YSL touche Eclat foundation but smells nicer) foundation Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation in 52 I think. The label was coming off so I pulled it off altogether so I can't remember; but it's in the lightest they do though. I apply a little of this using my Real Techniques buffing brush. I put on the tiniest amount to cover my large pores really! I take my Kick Ass concealer pot around with me because it holds a mirror, translucient powder and yellow and pink toned concealer. The perfect SOS product to throw in the bag and help my eye bags, blemishes and any oilness that may attack during a shift.

I chose not to wear mascara during long shifts as my eyes can get sore and I get panda eyes etc etc etc so in order to open my eyes without the mess I use my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers instead. I use my bright pink "Guava" Jemma Kidd cream to powder blush as it is truly the best thing to use to sproose me up half way through the day. It's actually rather difficult to apply. I find it best to literally pat all the colour out onto my hand and then dab the excess on to the apples and of my cheeks and blend backwards. And finally my makeup bag wouldn't be complete without my favourite lip balm/gloss hybrid Clarins instant natural light perfector and this one is in 03 nude!

Et Voila I hope this was interesting. If you liked it please follow me for more of the same! Lots of love Natalie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment