Saturday, 2 February 2013

Nail Pampering Sessions



It has become a weekly ritual. Every sunday evening I sit at the coffee table whilst watching TV and give my nails a really good pampering session and apply a new polish. I find that if you give your nails regular TLC and prep them properly then your polish will not only apply better it will look much nicer. What is the point in putting in the man hours to create even and opaque polish, if you have rough cuticles and dry and flaking skin around the nail?

First up I shape my nails using a nail file. I currently use a random star-ended one from a gift set from Christmas. Then, using a curved, 4-step, buffing file, I buff, smooth and polish my nails, followed by nail and cuticle oil. Cuticle oil is a much more nail friendly way to remove cuticles than using cuticle sticks. After using this for a little while you start to see results.

Before I paint my nails I protect my nails using the Rimmel base coat that strengthens and protects them. Once I've applied my nail polish I use the much hyped about Seche Vite top coat. I think its good but my nail varnish still chips after a day. I think that might have something to do with my thick application of nail varnish.but oh well. I have really seen an improvement in the conditions of my nails since I started pampering my nails. They're stronger and don't chip anymore - hooray! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment