Wednesday, 16 January 2013

London Beauty Haul


Hooray I have just gotten back from London this evening and wanted to blog about my new beauty purchases from Selfridges and Boots.

First up is an Essie polish which I have had my eye on forever but through one reason or other I never got round to buying it... and that is until today. 79 Sand Tropez is a dirty taupy nude and I'm sure will look chic and fabulous. My second polish I bought was Revlon Colourstay's 130 Velvet Rope. I bought Essie's Size Matters recently and was very disappointed to find that it was raspberry toned, so the search continued for the perfect dark 1940's red... until today. Let's hope its as deep and luxurious on the nails as it is in the bottle.

I went a bit Revlon mad and also picked up two lip items which I have had my eye on for a while and that is the infamous matte nude, aptly named 001 nude attitude, and the super sparkly mauve-y pink lipgloss - 004 pink ice. All revlon lip and nail products are being sold for £5 at the moment too.

Then we have the No7 brush bag. It's well made and very good for those of us who can't find a decent brush roll for a decent price anywhere!!! Its wipe clean textured plastic on the outside with a polyester satin fabric on the inside. Finally from Boots I picked up a new eyebrow pencil and Clinique's 01 soft blonde seemed the perfect shade for my eyebrows.

And finally the main event - Illamasqua's Skin base foundation in shade SB 4.5. I got a tester for this last year and used every drop up in record time. I was counting down the days until I could go to london and buy the full sized product and we could be reunited again. It's my favourite foundation of recent times and that's it.

I hope this was interesting for anyone wanting a nosey or interested in whats out there to sample themselves. I'm sure product reviews will be coming up in the coming weeks. Take care xoxo

2 comments: