Wednesday, 21 November 2012

China Glaze: Yellow Polkadot Bikini


Here in the UK it's cold, its wet, it's dark and it's fecking miserable... cue the brightest and most summery nail polish I own - China Glaze's Yellow Polkadot Bikini! This is highlighter yellow ya'll. I love it. i haven't been able to take my eyes off my nails at all today and neither has anybody else. I have had tons of compliments and a stranger even grabbed my hand!! (don't know how I felt about that one!). Its just fabulous. End of. The big but with this polish is that it is such a hassle to put it on. First of all it's exceptionally sheer so for full coverage it helps to put a white on underneath. Then it is as streaky as anything to apply, causing many mishaps and me shouting "noooo" in frustration. And finally it dries matt so you need a glossy top coat. I am not the best nail painter in the world so my swatches are a bit ropey, but nevertheless it still looks funky and has had the desired effect of brightening up a dull and dreary day. I have three neon Brights from the China Glaze poolside collection. The pink polish shown is pool party and the orange is called sun worshipper. You can get these still online on EBay and the like and Ulta in the US. xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Aw I hate when pastel shades are streaky and sheer, but this is such a gorgeous and cheerful color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming out pastel but its neon yellow. I think it's worth the effort though its so much fun to wear :-) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! Love the colors! Though it is not my typical nail colors, I am willing to try it out. It looks like happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neon definitely makes you happy. I love wearing it :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Ahhh I love the yellow!! So pretty!!
    - HannahMarieBeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is an epic colour - not the faint hearted though - it is bright xoxo

      Delete