Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express waterproof masacara



Oooh first impressions of this mascara are negative. It gives you nice natural fluttery lashes but no volume. I loved the original Volum' mascaras and excpetionally loved the Collosal one but the plush is the first one from their line that I have tried in a long while. What a disappointment. For me I want volume. If I'm going to put the time and effort into applying mascara I want them to be WOW! I like the packaging. It's the same shape as the other's in the Volum' line but this is a blue with magenta lettering. The wand has a joint in it to allow for easier application when applying. I'm afraid this is a tad gimmicky and in actual fact the wand doesn't move or make application any easier. I like the look of the brush and was attracted to the 'natural' bristles opposed to the plastic comb-esque wands which lots of brands are releasing (ala CoverGirl Lash Blast dupes) which I do not like.   The wand does look 'plush' but unfortunately it only coats the lashes with a very fine amount of mascara. I tried in vain to build it up, Do the zig-zag application, load the product at the tips of my lashes - but to no avail. Short answer is don't waste your time - this does not build. If your after a natural fluttery waterproof mascara then this perfect for you, if you want volume stick to the Collosal mascara, as that definelty volumises well, or try your luck with any of the other's in the Volum' line. I purchased this mascara from Walmart in the US but haven't seen this hit the UK highstreet yet. But I don't think we're missing out on anything at all special so carry on with your day.

I hope you enjoyed this review - please follow for more of the same love Natalie xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment