Monday, 22 October 2012

Au Thermal Avene very high protection Mineral cream SPF50+ for intolerant skin


First of all, what a mouthful.. Jeez - Facial suncream that's all it is - why the tongue twister? Second of all this won out against Rochy pose facial lotion SPF50, I don't know why, I guess it just looked prettier?? I don't know. But what I do know is I that I wish I bought that one instead.. I will tell you why...

First of all It smells awful, second of all I found it did not blend in very well at all. It is a thick salmon coloured cream which requires exceptional blending ability to make it look natural on the skin. But regardless of how much you buff this in it looks like a pinky-white cast on your face. I prefer my Clinique superblock so much more than this (see review HERE), as that blends into the skin seemlessly. This isn't user friendly at all. It also feels really heavy and sticky on the skin too.

On the positive side - this is a very high skin protectant and protected my skin completely from all the damaging affects of the sun. It's as high as skin protectants go and I did find it was waterproof. It does what it says on the tin so that is all that is really important I guess. But I am sure there are as high protecting facial sun creams which are more user friendly and feel nicer on the skin too. There must be... the search continues.

Thankyou for stopping by. For more reviews as and when I post them follow me or follow me on twitter or facebook. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment