Sunday, 2 September 2012

Product Review: YSL Le Teint Touché Ecat foundation


This foundation has intrigued me a while; first off, because the bottle is very, very fancy. I like the packaging a lot! It's so sleek and oozes premium quality. Truth be told; YSL is my favourite cosmetic packaging full stop. It's just gorgeous. End of... The write up on this one is rather impressive and stands out above other foundations on the market. The spiel a nut shell is that YSL has created a foundation based on their world famous Touche eclat highlighting pen and has resolved to succeed in replacing the opaque powders in foundations, which ordinarily create a mask-like effect, with "soft focus gel", which is supposed to create a diffusing and translucient film on the skin that smoothes out imperfections, but without masking the skin. Read the rest of the write up and buy it, I guess, at Feel Unique (at the time of writing this Feel Unique has a sale on and is selling this for £23.80 with free delivery).

I got a nifty 7 day trial bottle in store and found B10 (LHS in picture) too light so I returned and a darker shade: BD20 (RHS in picture). Finding the right shade in foundation is the bane of my life, as 5 minutes in the sun or out of it, apparently, drastically changes my skin tone. The right colour really makes the difference. This foundation is available in 22 shades and are split into 3 tones: Beige - cool toned, Beige Rose - warm toned and Beige Doire - doire meaning nude, so I expect this means a mixture of warmth and cool, creating a neutral tone. I like this aspect alot. I find lots of ranges of foundations go on one side or the other and having a range of both really allows this foundation to cater for more people. A win win.

My trial run of this has been positve, I find the coverage great and it evens out my skin tone very well. True it isn't high coverage, but in my humble opinion, lighter coverage foundations are easier to work with and look much nicer on the skin. It's a case of "less is more" and go back over imperfections with concealer. I wore this foundation on a bad skin day and it didn't have any adverse affects. The next day my skin was clearing up and in the best condition it has been in for a while. I'm not saying it has skin repairing properties, only that it did not add to the skin problems. I found that the foundation gave a beautiful healthy radiance to the skin and lasted all night. I dusted my face with setting powder, but regardless it stayed on and I'm not so lucky with other foundations. On appliction, effect and wearability it gets three big thumbs up!!

Is there anything bad I can say about this?? well I don't like the smell. I'm sensitive to smells and with so much on the market, the smell can be a deal breaker. It doesn't repulse me like the Chanel foundations but even so, It isn't the best. I also find that it is gives you the same dewy radiant glow to you skin as my beloved Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation (which, FYI, smells amazing and is 1/3 of the price). See my review on this HERE. YSL le teint touche eclat foundation retails, ordinarily at £28, which is good for a premium foundation, which are all around the £30 mark. Will I buy the full size? I think I will, however I am very interested in trying out the shade matching technology No7 have at the moment so perhaps I'll go No7 instead, or, hell, get both. xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment