Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Product Review: NARS sheer glow


I bought NARS sheer glow on the back of the serious hype it was getting circa summer 2010 and as I live no where near a NARS counter I bought it blind on-line, how scary right?? but as luck would have it the shade Mont Blanc (Light2) is the best colour match of foundation I have ever had. It fits my winter shade perfectly but can become a tad light in the summer I suppose, but still wearable.

Sheer glow is for medium to dry skins, but I am combination to oily and this goes on beautifully. Depending on the day, however, my face can go a little bit shiny-chic after a few hours wear (So not for you if you suffer with oily to very oily skin). It is a medium coverage and I chose to blend with my fingers or a stippling/buffing brush. I find using a generic foundation brush creates a streaky look because of the consistency being quite runny. You could buff afterwards with an afore mentioned brush if you like I guess...

The packaging is simple and sophisticated. there's no pump unfortunately but it doesn't annoy me as much as some. Apparently you can buy pumps from MAC that fit the NARS bottle so I would check that out if the 'no pump' issue annoys you. It has a redundant square lid which slides off and a small, twist off lid which holds the product. It retails for approx. £30 for 30mg and is a very good foundation which, I have to say, is far superior to many others around its price range. I definitely recommend NARS sheer glow if your on the look out for a new foundation. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment