Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Product Review: Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara

Remember when I bought this back when? LINK. I bought it as it was on offer and did not care to test its claims but was bought purely because it was on offer!! Check out my other mascara reviews: Clinique lash doubling mascara HERE and Estee Lauder Double wear zero smudge curling mascara  HERE



First thoughts...
Not the most attractive packaging in the world. It's a chunky bottle which, although bold, does not scream luxury or premium quality. It has a BIG, "mo fo" brush, which is not only long and fat but has wide spacing between the bristles. The product was quite wet to begin with too. My first impressions of this product was "wow". It really "volumised" my lashes. I was impressed.

Through time...
I find that putting on this mascara was effort if you know what I mean. I would have to take the time to apply carefully, other wise the wide spacing between bristles would give too much product and clump lashes together or I would catch my eyelid with the huge brush. On the plus side I don't recall getting the dreaded Panda eye with this so that is a plus. Nice results can be achieved with this mascara but you need to take the time with it. This is not the mascara to swipe and go in a hurry.




Boots say:

Revlon® Grow Luscious Plumping™ Mascara plumps lashes up to 200% instantly for intense volume. Our uniquely tapered brush grabs every lash, individually, and coats it to plump perfection. Contains a lash enhancing complex that conditions your lashes day after day.Ophthalmologist tested.
How to Use  
To get Jessica Biel's seductive lashes firstly apply Grow Luscious Plumping™ Mascara to lash tips and let dry. Apply next coat starting from base of eye lashes extending to lash tips. Use the tapered tip to easily reach corners of eyes and bottom lashes. 
HINT: For extra conditioned lashes and true intensity, glide a Grow Luscious™ Lash Liner along lash line from inner to outer corner of eye before applying your mascara.
Buy HERE
The sad truth of the day is that mascaras are expensive and this retails for £9.99 for 10ml. Mine is in 001 Blackest Black. It also comes in Waterproof Blackest Black and Blackened Brown.

To conclude...
I feel like it doesn't plump my lashes 200% and I also do not believe that it has had any long term lash enhancing powers.. Saying this though it is a nice "volumising" mascara. I just wouldn't repurchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment