Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Giving-in to the Hype: SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL

Another "monkey see monkey buy" situation here... Clearly one cannot think for themselves in cosmetic matters. Ehem.. Dior Matte Brozer LINK. Dior Amber Diamond LINK, Liz Earle LINK, Jemma Kidd LINK, Estee Lauder Sheer Tint release LINK...

This has been hyped to death after such infamous Pixiwoo and Lisa Eldridge plugging and you have all probably seen this and about read about this hundreds of times.. But as it my very own special Chanel purchase I want to shout to the roof tops about my luxury item. This review will be helpful for all you pale (NC20-NC25) girls and boys. xx

SOOO the damage is £29! We're talking £29 worth of 30g cream product which is akin to butter, that has been left in the fridge for a while. It is very "spesh" and looks tres chic on my vanity...  A few quick FYI's: this is a beasty! Not something that you can easily throw into your makeup bag unless you rock a big one. It has a twist off black lid, with gold embossed C's, and an extra protective clear plastic lid which pops on top of the base. I am sure many opt to throw this away, but I'm keeping mine. Unfortunately the product catches every hair possible so be warned. Ending on a high note - it smells of raspberries...

I use this with my real techniques buffing brush. I lightly swirl 3-5 times into the product, and then dab and buff into the skin, starting in the back hollows of my cheek bones, then the temple and then the side of the chin and voila - A light sun kissed glow. So rest assured my pale friends that the Soleil tan de Chanel will not give you the umpa lumpa look. I would not like to speak for anybody who is paler than NC20 so I would sugget you give this a test run at a Chanel counter before splurging on it to keep on the safe side. I assume this bronzer is great all year round as it is very buildable and you can add more and more as the year goes on.


Overall I am very happy with this and am doubly happy because It works. Don't you just hate splurging on premium brands/products that don't deliver?? Would I repurchase?? Definitely xx

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I do want this!!

    Think I will have to treat myself in May for my birthday :)

    Thanks for the review.

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Fee. It's definitely worth getting. Has fast become one of my HG products xoxo

    ReplyDelete