Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Giving-in to the Hype: Jemma Kidd haul

As the saying goes: "monkey see, monkey do!" or rather "monkey buy!!!!"

So I was on www.beautybay.com and decided to take advantage of their discounted prices and free shipping and get me some heavily hyped up Jemma Kidd Makeup school cosmetics.

Blushwear creme cheek colour 
Guava (3.4g at £10.50. anywhere else: £13)
I love the colour of this but the application annoys me and the more I use this, the more I dislike it. I find the formulation quite dry so it doesn't blend very well and clings to any dry patches or imperfections on the face. So far I have found that the best way to apply this is with a small dual fibre stippling brush (the MAC 188 to be exact). My advice is to stipple bit by bit and then blend the edges. You will sorely regret putting too much on because once on it does not go anywhere. It dries to a powder finish so lasts for a long time.





Dewy glow all over radiance creme 
Iced Gold (10g at £13.50. anywhere else: £17.00) 
O to the M to the G!! I love this so much!! I also love my Dior Amber Diamond (see HERE) but I find that it gives too much of a bronze highlight on my pale skin and I feel I can't really wear it when I don't want to rock the bronzed goddess look! But this beauty gives no obvious colour it just gives a perfect sheen/glow/highlight (insert your own verb here) that lasts for hours. The little directions leaflet, that comes with it, says this can be worn over, under, or with no make up. Literally just swipe and blend where ever you want to highlight your face. Ideally this will be on the top of the cheekbones, under the brow, down the nose... If your in the market for a highlighter and don't know which way to go... go to beautybay.com and pick this up ASAP.




1 comment: