Monday, 28 November 2011

Product Review: Clinique lash doubling mascara

Hello and welcome to my second mascara product review (Check out my Estee Lauder double wear zero smudge curling mascara: product review HERE). I think that mascara's are the hardest products to buy as you can't test them and they are rather expensive so here we are. I swear to make a review for all my mascaras I use in the future. I've already bought my backup - Revlon's grow luscious Mascara so that will be coming your way in the coming months... And on to the product in question: Clinique lash doubling mascara. I bought this on the back of a makeup tutorial that Nicola from Pixiwoo did inwhich she used this mascara. It looked amazing on her. Her lashes looked so full and long. I just had to get it.


Clinique mascara's are around £17 so on retrospect bloody expensive but is what you expect to pay for a high end mascara unfortunately. In fact they go up to £25 plus for some brands. The packaging is a plain and simple tube with a silver twist lids with a C embossed on the top. I particularly like the shimmery icy blue packaging - it looks rather chic in my makeup bag. I love the wand - The domed head is presumably designed to reach the shorter corner lashes easily which is a plus. It is made from bristles opposed to the awful plastic wands which clump my eyelashes together. Plus the product is rather wet. Which I see as a positive. The wetter the product is the longer it can last :-). Also wetter formulations don't clump your lashes or be prone to flaking as much as dryer formulations.


In terms of its performance. I find these things so subjective. Personal preference varies so much - check Makeup Alley out for a range of views - I'll show you in pictures and let you make up your own mind (take note that this mascara is probably 6 months old now). My lashes are rather short to begin to with and I get oily around my eyes, during the day, so that may impact on quality of the results.

no mascara

one/two coats

Lots of Coats

My BIG PEEVE with this mascara is that too much product gets on the brush due to a highly rubbish "stopper" that in turn create "spider leg" splodges on your lashes. This has annoyed me to the max whenever I have used this and puts me off ever buying it again. The only way forward is to wipe the brush every time it is used, which takes the majority of product off causing a less voluminous lash and wasting tonnes of product. For the most part I have to just brave it and deal with the splodge factor afterwards.

Overall it would be a great product if the stopper was better but as it is it's too much hassle. But hopefully mine was a dodgy tube. It's a shame as it makes my lashes nice and fluttery, which builds to an overall decent voluminous affect. Performance-wise it smudges. But most mascaras smudge on me to be honest.

I hope this has been helpful xxx

1 comment:

  1. This mascara looks lovely on you, but I can't be doing with panda eyes... giving this one a miss as well :L
    Thanks!
    www.celestecohen.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete