Thursday, 3 November 2011

Giving-in to the hype: Liz Earle cleanse and polish




Can this be the holy grail of the skin care world?? I have heard nothing bad about this stuff in the beauty community and all seem to agree on the fact that it is amazing... a real treat for the skin.

I have already bought and finished off the Boots cleanse and polish counter part and have to say I really liked it. All comparison posts I have read proclaim Liz Earle the victor. Although I remember one blogger saying it isn't as creamy and thick as the Boots. Nether the less I made a choice... lets go with the hype and see where it gets me.

I bought the 200ml tube, as I couldn't find any steals on Ebay and the like for the 100ml, and I essentially got £5 off it so that is how I'm justifying the expense. Anyway to the spoils... I'm expecting god like results from this: no joke. I hope I'm not disappointed.

This is what Liz Earle Say: 
We only make one cleanser because this formulation is the ultimate in concentrated yet gentle cleansing power and works on every age and skin type.
Our plant based cleanser has a two-phase action, phase one is the cleansing. Free from mineral oil, it has a rich and creamy texture and swiftly removes all traces of face and eye make up, even stubborn mascara.
Phase two is the polishing. Polish off the cream using the pure muslin cloth to gently dislodge dead skin cells and help reveal clean, soft and radiant skin.
Naturally active ingredients include eucalyptus and cocoa butter for smoother, clearer skin.

First impressions: 21st October 2011

Firstly I disagree with that nameless blogger: I find this as creamy and thick as the Boots counterpart. Second, what first caught me was its menthol smell and that it gives a refreshing, cooling sensation; which altogether reminded me of Vicks Rub. I'm guessing that's the eucalyptus. It definately revitalises the skin. First impressions therefore are positive and I have been looking forward to washing my face morning and night. This is the perfect time to see how great the effects are for smoother and clearer skin because I am dealing with a few blemishes at present AND dry sore skin around my mouth - thankyou central heating. Is Liz Earle good enough to counteract both at the same time? Time will tell.

2 weeks later: 3rd November 2011

After using Liz Earle for two weeks I can safely say that I love this. My dry skin is gone and the tightness that I felt due to the change in weather is also gone. I found that new blemishes that have come up in the past few weeks dried up straight away! My skin feels much softer and radiant now. Definitely reccomend this!! All should try this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment