Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Haul and first impressions: Clarins skincare..

Walking through Debenhams I spied a very special Clarins promotion. buy two products (one being skincare) and get a bag and four mini products from a choice of four sets free.. Plus you ALSO get a body lotion and perfume free with the purchase of a third product. I don't normally go for these promotions as I'm not one to buy expensive products for the sake of it but I have been after the Clarins cream gel moisturiser for ages and "need" to repurchase another lip perfector so I decided to buy them today.. I decided to get the set consisting of a mini lip perfector, beauty flash balm, Vital Light Day cream and exfoliating cream.


Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 02 (peach), 12ml
and mini Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 (pink), 5ml
Check out my review HERE. This is my favorite lip product ever! They now have gold lids!!

HydraQuench Cooling Cream-Gel
Normal to Combination Skin or Hot Climates, 50ml
Now this feels very heavy and luxurious. I love the frosted blue glass container. The cream-gel is light peach and smells faintly of roses. This doesn't melt into my skin as definitively as my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel, as this is slightly thicker in consistency. It doesn't take long to sink into the skin though, leaving your face feeling soft and supple.



Gentle Refiner 
Exfoliating cream with microbeads, 15ml
This exfoliater feels substanial yet "gentle" on the skin. This gives a real deep down clean leaving my skin feeling supple and refreshed. It has that perfume-y clinical scent that puts me off slightly but overall this is a very nice exfoliant.

Vital Light Day
Illuminating anti-ageing comfort cream, 15ml
At 23 the years are starting to show so this is a handy product to try out - however it is rather thick in consistency  and is so illuminating my face and in particular my T-zone feels like an oil slick. I imagine that it will be best put to use in the colder months when certain areas of my skin require a bit more moisture. It has a cucumber-y clinically smell., which i'm not a fan of but it's not as offensive as the Gentle Refiner.

Beauty Flash Balm, 15ml
This promises to brighten and tighten... It can be used with a moisturiser but doesn't need to be and can also be used as a face mask.... It smells of nappy bags though  (bit harsh probably like talcum powder and babies lol). It is rather thick but goes on very nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment