Tuesday, 16 August 2011

grey nails - chic?

Revlon smoky canvas 


or eek!! I want to start off by saying I think they look chic in editorials, in the polish bottle, on the internet on others' fingernails... But on me?? At first I did not like at all. Especially when I added a matte top coat giving my nails an effect reminiscent of concrete. Neither did anybody else I found. Responses varied from "ugh" to "it's grey!!!" Perhaps it's because i'm still in a summer loving kinda mood or am obsessed with neon brights at the moment but grey just wasn't working for me, no matter how many times I chanted to myself that it was chic and cool and fashionable.


By the time I got round to taking a picture of my nails the matte top coat had worn off and with a sheen the grey nails don't look too bad... I wouldn't say I'm in love with grey nails yet but they look quite cool. I'll give smoky canvas another try when the weather turns but leave the matte coat off. xx




3 comments:

  1. I loooove grey nail polishes, so chic and original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool colour! Good choise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting guys. I really wasn't keen at first but I was rather sad to take it off. xx

    ReplyDelete