Wednesday, 15 June 2011

HAUL: YSL, Dior & Sleek

Have you ever gone to the shop wanting one thing and coming away with another?? Well today was a fine example of that. I went to town with the hope to bag a Chanel rouge coco shine lipstick or Estee Lauder Chrystal shine lipstick and NARS laguna bronzer - I came away with YSL lipstick, gloss and a Dior bronzer... ooh I did get the sleek blush I wanted but I'm not too impressed with that... I will explain.




SLEEK BLUSH  - PIXIE PINK 936
This retails for £4.29 and is greatly pigmented, the packaging is very "sleek" :-) however it is not the colour I believed it to be... the tester was definitely a true light bubblegum pink... this one is very much on the magenta colour side and was quite a shock I can tell you when I ran home to play with it. so the search continues for the perfect light bubble gum pink - does anybody have any ideas??? 

DIOR BRONZE MATTE SUNSHINE SPF 20 - HONEY TAN 002
First off this bronzer feels sooo silky smooth  and soft. It also smells faintly like roses and is water resistant... all in all I couldn't say no.. My issue was whether to get the lightest shade 001 (I assume??) and the one which I finally got the 002. The 001 was too yellow toned however the 002 was more of a true light bronze and looked nicer on my face. although the 002 was more prominent the 001 looked too yellow.. job done plus the packaging's so pretty and comes with a velvet pouch - I couldn't say n 


YSL ROUGE PUR SPF 8 - ROSE THE (OR TEA ROSE) 148
WOW this lipstick is so lovely. It goes on a dream and smells of rasberries - yum. I love it, the consistency is so creamy and glides on effortlessly. I much prefer this to the rouge velupte formula as that can highlight all the cracks, and will find out all the dryness, on my lips. I found this whilst looking at the YSL stand and fell in love. It's a peachy pink toned nude and is gorgeous. The ultra chic packaging just seals the deal...

YSL GLOSS PUR - 7
This light bubblegum pink gloss was bought on the back of my "buy high" of the rouge pur lipstick and I rationalised its purchase as something i'll wear with my "bubblegum pink" sleek blush (yeah right)... Anyway this gloss, like the rouge velupte lipstick, smells of watermelon and is quite pigmented. It feels sticky on your hand however it seems to melt into your lips and doesn't feel sticky at all.



I hope you've enjoyed my first (and possibly last, in a long while) premium makeup haul. I hope I've given you some food for thought next time you go shopping. xx

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome haul!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow the ysl lippie and gloss looks so pretty! Great haul x

    ReplyDelete